Thursday, February 02, 2006

Count It All Joy

Prayer Answered!

January 27, 006 6:15 a.m. as I was about to go out the door to work (I was really running late that time), I received an early long distance call from the Philippines-- It was Joy-joy my daughter informing me her birth certificate has been released!

Praise God! at last after months of waiting (about 6 months?). Rey told me the whole story when I got home from work that night. We are so happy and relieved! Another hurdle is done, next will be Joy's passport, then the letter from the embassy for medical & visa interview schedule. God hears our prayers. His delays are not denials....

I remember a week before the phone call, the Lord reminded me in my devotions, to keep my focus on God, to look up to Him that He is sovereign and in control of everything. He knows our desires. He wants me to put aside worries, concerns, hardships and look to God...

Daily, God assures me to continue to delight in Him, seeking Him first and "keeping our lives open to God.... to maintain a position of beholding Him..." And let not "the busyness of things obscures our concentration on God." (My Utmost for His Highest)

I need to continue to focus, concentrate in beholding my God; enjoying His goodness, faithfulness, power and mercy, and not to be distracted with the cares of this world. "Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you." 1 Peter 5:7

And now, it gets me excited, there is this "constant state of expectancy" from the Lord. Excited how God will answer our other prayers to Him. "

Proverbs 24:14 reminds me - "..there shall be a reward, and thy expectation shall not be cut off."

No comments: